Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mr. Peabody and the way back machine

Most of you probably don't remember who Mr Peabody is or what the way back machine was. (bullwinkle cartoons) Ah childhood memories. Anyway the trek reminded me of time travel. As we were able to leave the current world behind and participate in the trek. I had the opportunity to reflect and ponder what it must have been like. I distinctively remember the first night at camp. Sitting by my own campsite I was able to close my eyes and open my ears. The sounds of people cooking, pots clanking and spoons tapping on the pans as they cooked. The sounds of conversations from different family camps, tha laughter of the youth playing. It took me back the 150 years when our pioneer ancestors camped in these very same meadows. It made a connection with me, one that I hope will linger for the rest of my life. We were able to be in the same place, do the same things and touch the past.
Thank you to our Stake leadership for providing the experience, and thanks President Tidwell for giving us this wayback machine.

Uncle Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment